Oscar De La Hoya accused of sexual assault in 2020

Boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya has been charged in a new trial with sexually assaulting a former business partner twice in 2020, according to a report.

A tequila executive claims Oscar De La Hoya, 49, first assaulted her while on a work trip to Mexico to visit the Casa Mexico Tequila distillery, according to a civil suit filed by the woman. Wednesday and obtained by the Los Angeles Times.

The former boxing champion allegedly knocked on the door of his hotel room “with his pants down to his ankles, then made his way into the room and got into his bed”, according to the lawsuit. Los Angeles.

“She pushed him out of bed and led him to his room, opened his door and immediately went back to his own room,” the suit reads.

The next morning, De La Hoya reportedly “fired [her] in his bed, where he sexually assaulted her” after the woman went to his bedroom to wake him up for a tour of the distillery, the newspaper reported, citing the lawsuit.

The first attack is said to have taken place during a business trip to Mexico.
AFP via Getty Images

A second alleged attack took place in California, the accuser claimed, according to the Times.

“At one point, when De La Hoya was alone with [the woman], he revealed and retrieved a sex object from a collection stored in his home. Without [her] consent, De La Hoya forcibly introduced the sexual object into [her] body,” the lawsuit states.

The boxer turned businessman has denied the allegations.

De la Hoya denied the allegations.
De La Hoya denied the allegations.
7/MEGA

“With the 24-hour news cycle that we all find ourselves in, more often than not malicious and unfair accusations are interpreted as the truth without the evidence to support their erroneous claims. I am confident that my legal team will solve this case and prove my innocence,” De La Hoya said in a statement to the newspaper.

The woman, in her lawsuit, also alleges sexual harassment, retaliation, gender discrimination and wrongful termination against Casa Mexico.

De La Hoya reached a settlement with an 18-year-old who accused him of sexual assault in Mexico in 1998. Authorities investigated but never filed charges.

The 11-time world champion revealed last year that he was raped when he was 13, an incident he says led him into a spiral of alcohol and drug use.

Comments are closed.