British-American Business Council appoints new chair and trustees
the Anglo-American Business Council of Georgia this week appointed a new chairman and voted on a board for the organization which promotes UK investment and trade relations with Georgia.
Simon Jenner, a lawyer for Baker Jenner LLP, who previously worked as general counsel for Alpharetta-based Acella Pharmaceuticals, was named president at a meeting of members held on April 19. He replaces the longtime president Jennifer Riis Poulsenwho will become Chairman Emeritus and retain a role as Chief Executive Officer.
Rajan Gupta of Centelliwho recently hosted an in-person panel discussion in Atlanta with Mike Freerthe British Minister for Exports and Equality, and Emma Wade Smith, Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for North Americawas named first vice-chairman of the board.
Other members added to the council include Paul AllenDirector of Business Development for the Americas for Gleeds, a professional services firm focused on the construction sector. Mr. Allen will lead the membership committee and serve as second vice-chair.
Alexis Svensonaccount manager for Soho Media Groupjoined the executive committee as president of marketing, the board announced on social media.
See the complete executive committee:
- Simon Jenner, Baker Jenner LLP – Chairman
- Rajan Gupta, Centelli 1st Vice President
- Paul Allen, Gleeds – 2nd Vice President
- Brian Jenner, Xeragenx LLC – Secretary
- Joe Briner, Vertical Capital Advisors – Treasurer
- Jennifer Riis-Poulsen – President Emeritus
The board of directors includes:
- Stephen Dorvee, Arnall Golden Gregory
- Kim Gunbie, JoLo Parking Solutions
- Andrew Gross, Principal, Andrew N. Gross, LLC
- Matthew DiVenere, DiVenere Capital Partners
- Ed Haines, Jabian Consulting
- Alexis Svenson, Soho Media
- Alex Robson
- Elio Recchia, Hays